Saturday, October 28, 2006

CopyCat Alert!


Thanks for the tip off SS. Please claim your store credit from me. Check your email for more details. :)

Ok, back to the issue at hand. A reader / customer of the blog spotted this on another site. I did a screenshot of it, deleting the URL to give said person just the bit of privacy. But as you can clearly see from the picture (click to enlarge if its too small), she used the SAME picture I did. In case you did not recognise, it is a snapshot of Beauty Repose. How likely is this to happen? I mean, beading the same necklace, using the same background and even laying it out with the chain just so?!

For now, I am not revealing the URL. I tried leaving a comment but was not too successful. I have also emailed the site owner to remove the post. I will check back there within these 3 days. If I still find the offending picture and post there, you can be sure I'll release the URL!

For those curious about whether it is possible she bought it herself... well, no. It was bought by a friend who asked for some customisation. And... I am meeting her over lunch or dinner to pass the items she bought to her. So, hmm, the necklace, though sold, is still with me.

Needless to say, I am kind of peeved by this. First technology woes, now copycat woes.

By the way, if you ever chance upon duplicates of the designs here, please email me at littlemissbeadalot@gmail.com. I will be setting up a reward system for those who do spot such blatant copycats!

6 comments:

Laughingcow said...

Firstly, YECKS about the copycat. :S

But just thought you'd like to know that the username is still showing in the Firefox tab, so it's actually quite easy to figure out the URL, ahem. ;)

Unknown said...

thanks for the note. i haven't used xanga so i didn't realise the username is well, exact URL.

Ellen Wong said...

eh pardon my mean-ness but i tried going to her blog BUT i think it might be deleted cos i can't seem to get in.. not sure =) but i'm really sorry to hear of copy cats la.. it must be frustrating for you but just want to tell u to keep creating new pieces for people to enjoy and don't let this incident dampen your creativity!

Unknown said...

Oops. Ok, I did not realise for Xanga that the site name and userid is the same. In any case, have removed it.

She has removed the post already so we will let the matter rest. However if you do spot similar or identical images used elsewhere, please do contact me!

thanks for your vote of confidence. will want to make more stuff... hopefully within the week so check back soon!

Pepinol said...

wow..i carn believe her! i do handcrafted jewelry too. i totally cannot tolerate copycats!

Anonymous said...

yes! i saw this and i feel damn weird! how can everything be exactly the same?! definitely a copycat. im pissed for you!-cchysg