Wednesday, May 20, 2009

willowing vines

You know, mothers-to-be are often said to go through a nesting phase? I haven’t quite experienced that but I am going through a distinct phase of making new items. I have a whole list of items, all involving wire-wrapping that I wanted to try. And slowly but surely, I am checking them off my list.

I’ve discovered a treasure trove of tutorials (majority paid, well you know, generally you pay for what is worth it!) and have been trying my hand at some of them. I think I am glad I only plucked up the courage to try these now and not any earlier. I am pretty sure that I would not be ready to do any semblance of the end product featured if it had been, say, half a year sooner.

Anyway, for this week, I decided to try to Pussy Willow design. Typically found as earrings, I decided to try a necklace pendant instead. A nice comfy dangle of approximately 4.5cm, the pendant hangs from a 16 inch gold plated chain. This one has been adorned with freshwater pearls but possibly, future versions might come with gemstone rondelles. Stay tuned!

No comments: