Monday, May 25, 2009

All Wired Up

I’ve been exploring wire wrapping these few days and have gotten my hands dirty with a few projects. Heck, I’ve been exploring a couple of new styles and each of them has a lil project brewing in the works. It is always an impulsive decision to start something that I almost certainly want to kill myself for doing when I am actually lucid and thinking.

The latest completed project is this piece right on top. I started out thinking it’d be great to advance from this ring on to a pendant. Nevermind the ugly mess I had created with labradorite (I might harden my heart someday and unwrap this whole thing to rescue ‘em labradorites!). I still thought there was hope.

So I tinkered around and came up with this. Except that after completion, I felt it would looks so much better as a pair of earring danglys rather than a single pendant. So *ahem*, I went back to make a companion. Thankfully they do look matched else I’d probably kill myself.

There. One project down. Countless more to go. Meantime, will be off packing orders for today’s mailrun. Catch ya all soon! By the way, the shop has been restocked late Friday and there’s another couple items or so waiting to be added to inventory. Just so you know. Sneaks at Flickr as usual!

No comments: