Thursday, July 23, 2009

blue :: of returning to first loves



Amazonite was the first 'semi-precious' stone I came across as a beader. And it became my first love. Over time, the list of favourites has grown..., exceptionally long. It does not 'shrink', nor is replaced. But as some new gem comes into view, it gets its moment in time.

I still love Amazonite. With the varying shades of blue. From a strong robin blue to the baby boy blue variety. I don't quite judge which is more 'precious' in the gem trade but I go with the heart. I feel that each stone has its own intrinsic beauty.




A couple of days ago I laid eyes on a strand of lovely carved Amazonite roses. I had to grab them and they dutifully followed me home. I first made them into these earrings. Strung on handforged earwires, they dangle with a lil 'tail' at back for an added design flair.




And today, on the spur of the moment, here's a matching ring to go with it. I personally feel that these amazonite roses go best with 925 silver. Hence, in my idiosyncratic beader way, I am not making 14K gold filled versions.


Now available in store; Blushing Blue Loves (ring) and Blushing Blue Roses (earrings).


Phew. That was quite a picture laden entry. Love affairs are so hard to explain in words!

No comments: