Monday, May 12, 2008

daisy chains

Hello! It’s Monday and I’m back. With more than I expected. I was thinking of taking a short break from crafting but I couldn’t keep away from them. So up till late last night, I was busy twisting and twirling wires at my workstation.

I must say I absolutely adore the results. Simple, elegant necklaces to adorn the necks of mothers and daughters! I do hope to list them soon. But if you cannot wait, drop me a line and tell me which you’d like. I am most likely to list them in sets.

This particular piece, Daisy Chains, features freshwater pearls in two different shapes (flowers and ‘nuggets’). Stranded on gold plated chains, they are pretty and elegant. Simple enough for everyday wear and everything else in between.

It was made in tribute to all mothers. And the children that they groom and whom they sacrifice so much. It reminds me of the ‘traditional’ daisy chains that mothers teach their children to weave. I like the idea of interaction taking place!

Hope you had a great Mother’s day with your mum and / or children.

No comments: