Friday, September 01, 2006

A Fairytale Romance -- SOLD --

The centrepiece of the Romance collection.
Oh for a delightful fairytale romance! As I did up this piece my mind wandered back to the times when I had to do Shakespeare for Literature lessons. The Sec 4 text in my year was A Midsummer Night's Dream and I remember engaging in fantasy dreams of what the set would look like. Completely whimsical with roses scattered throughout, an aura of mystery, fun and romance.
I tried to recreate my mind's imagination of a fairytale romance in our local context and this came up. A fairy dangles from the end of the chain as if intoxicated with chinese wine. Frosted beads paired against bronze-gold hued faux pearls spell of luxury and the cloisonne pink beads tell a tale of feminine delight. Set in opulent gold... and finished with a gold toned toggle.
Are you ready for a time of romance?
The necklace is 49cm long with a fairy drop of 4.5cm.

No comments: