Tuesday, August 21, 2007

not again...

Remember some time ago last year when I had this Copycat Saga right here on Bead Haven? Well, there is a new one for Sparkle Thots (also by me, or rather my new site). Still in any case, new items galore at Sparkle Thots. Go take a look!

There are lots of creative people out there in the world but sometimes it takes the odd black sheep or two to spoil your mood. I have had my work (a necklace) passed off as someone else’s work but this really takes the cake. Replicating the whole storefront of Sparkle Thots is not cool.


vs

I was tracking my hits yesterday when I discovered some strange activity. Following the lead, I discovered this site. Reeled in shock for a good few minutes before recovering to grab screenshots of the webpage. Thankfully because the site has since been taken down though a bit of sleuthing would tell you that the rest of the still online pages are a dud and rip-off of some other site(s).

The site in question is probably being done by some not-too-good web designer who is ripping off other sites as his sample work. Or well, I don’t know. Whatever it is, this is not NICE. Nor ethical. It freaks out to see my whole storefront appearing on some other site with dead links all around.

Now please, piracy is so not cool. Regular reporting on great finds resumes tomorrow. I have no mood to write cheery entries at the moment.

x-posted from Sparkle Thots Blog.

1 comment:

msbelle said...

You're right. Sooooo not cool. Thought I'd pop in on you too and say hello!! You have a beautiful blog. All you guys are so much fun. Makes me wish I was a Singaporean!!